Visa and Greencards > Other Services > B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa

B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa

B visitor visas can be used for temporary travel to the US either for business (B-1) or pleasure (B-2). Most of the time, consulates issue these as B-1/B-2 visas, which can be used for either purpose.

Frequently Asked Questions

What activities can I do on a B-1/B-2 visa?
B-1 business travelers can conduct certain business activities but may not complete work while in the United States. Permitted activities include meeting and consulting with business associates, attending conventions or conferences, settling an estate, negotiating a contract or participating in trainings.


B-2 travelers can use their visas for tourism or family visits, medical reasons, to participate in social events, and for short or part-time courses of study.

If you have any questions about whether your planned activities are permitted under this visa category, we recommend discussing your proposed travel plans with a US immigration attorney.

How do I apply for a B-1/B-2 visa?
You can apply for a B-1/B-2 visa through the US Consulate in your jurisdiction. You will need to file a Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) online, pay the visa application fee, schedule a consular appointment and prepare a packet of documents regarding your ability to financially support yourself during your US travels and your connections to your home country to bring with you to your consular interview.


How long are B-1/B-2 visas valid for?
10 years usually. 


How long can I say in the US with a B-1/B-2 visa?
Up to 6 months.

Visa and Greencards > Other Services > B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa

Contact Us


Call us:

In Germany                               In the United States

Tel: +49 30 3977 2888              Tel: +1 (202) 844 - 6700

Email us:

Book appointment online:

  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Yelp

© 2019 by Adomat Immigration

Member of the New York Bar Association

Mitglied der Rechtsanwaltskammer Berlin